- Wed, Jul 21Seldom Said 88.1 FMJul 21, 2021, 7:00 PMSeldom Said 88.1 FMJean Kanokogi hits the college circuit with the upcoming interview with Robert Amato as he speaks to individuals from all walks of life and all over the globe on "Seldom Said". WCWP (88.1 FM) a college radio station licensed to Brookville, NY owned and operated by Long Island University.
- Wed, Apr 07Live event link listed in more detailsApr 07, 2021, 7:30 PMLive event link listed in more detailsWe are so thankful to the Japan Society for holding such an amazing event. This is one of Dr. Jean Kanokogi's best and one of our favorite presentations, please view live event here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoLIk7o4sCk
- Wed, Mar 31Air date TBDMar 31, 2021, 7:00 PMAir date TBDWe are excited to announce an interview with Rene Dreyfus for Martial Arts Culture podcast. Rene knows the story of Rusty Kanokogi & is excited to discuss Get Up & Fight, the Memoir of Rusty Kanokogi with Jean & share in the legacy built by Rusty.
- Tue, Mar 30Airdate to be determinedMar 30, 2021, 7:00 PMAirdate to be determinedDr. Jean Kanokogi will be interviewed on Whistlekick martial arts podcast. She will be highlighting Get UP & Fight, the Memoir of Rusty Kanokogi Global release & the future of martial arts for female judokas
- Fri, Feb 26Air date TBDFeb 26, 2021, 7:00 PMAir date TBDDr. Jean Kanokogi will be completing a radio interview with the National police association discussions will be focused on Mental Health & Peer Support, Get Up & Fight, The memoir of Rusty Kanokogi
- Fri, Feb 19ZoomFeb 19, 2021, 9:00 PMZoomOur next stop on the virtual book tour is with Hanabi Judo out of California. Dr. Jean Kanokogi will be discussing the steps to publishing Rusty Kanokogi's Memoir and her life as the 'Daughter of Women's Judo"
- Wed, Dec 30Zoom virtual presentationDec 30, 2020, 7:00 PM – 10:05 PM ESTZoom virtual presentationDr. Jean Kanokogi will be sharing details of the recently completed memoir of her mother, Rena "Rusty" Kanokogi, the mother of Women's Judo. Please join us virtually. Space is limited and filling up quickly please reserve your spot by e-mailing email@example.com
Past Events with Links
First Women's World Judo Championships 40th Anniversary
In conjunction with the International Judo Federation and USA Judo, we are pleased to share the links to
the celebration of the 40th Anniversary of the First Women's World Judo Championships held in New York, NY. The original event was organized by Rusty Kanokogi, and was pivotal for the acceptance of women's judo in the Olympic Games in 1988. Her relentless efforts assured representation by 27 countries, and paved the way for women in judo to compete on the international stage.